Friday, July 13, 2012

Did You Know? #1

Fred's Note:  I used to publish weekly polls sharing fun little tidbits that I would come across. It was pointed out to me, that once I published a new question, no one could see previous questions.  So with that in mind, some of my posts will be fun facts.  Hope you enjoy the new format.

What to do the following grape varietals have in common: Cabernet Sauvignon, Chardonnay, Chenin Blanc, Gewurztraminer, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Riesling, Sauvignon Blanc and Syrah?

They are also known as the noble grape varieties. The phrase "noble grape" is a classical term used to describe the grapes traditionally associated with the highest quality wines. Noble grape is not as commonly used today as the more modern term "international variety" which denotes a grape variety that is widely planted in most of the major wine producing regions and has widespread appeal and consumer recognition.

No comments: