Friday, November 28, 2008

What Caught My Eye Today - 2008 Thanksgiving Edition

Fred's Note: So I'm a day late. Shoot me. I started this tradition last year where I take pause from the hectic goings on in the world to give thanks for all the good things in life that all too often we take for granted. And now without further adieu...

What I'm Thankful For -- 2008 Edition

  • I'm thankful that I'm not afraid to change...because come January 21, we're gonna get a whole heapload of change. Do me a favor, President-elect Obama--don't make me sorry that I voted for you.
  • I'm thankful for the 22nd Amendment to the U.S. Constitution...because 8 years was way more than enough.
  • I'm thankful that I'm a long way off from retirement...because my nest egg isn't what it used to be.
  • I'm thankful for March Madness, NASCAR, English Premier League (that would be soccer for you Americans), and College Football...because you can only derive so much enjoyment out of pulling weeds and scrubbing the toilets on the weekends.
  • I'm thankful for Sarah Palin and Tina Fey...because, let's face it, Saturday Night Live desperately needed something worth watching again.
  • I'm thankful that when I drink water, that in all probability, it is in fact water...you cannot say the same for the dudes on the International Space Station for much longer
  • I'm thankful from my job...mostly because I still have one.
  • I'm thankful for Hugo Chavez, Kim Il Jong and Mahmoud Ahmadinejad...because it's guys like you that remind me that we could have done a lot worse than Bush #43
  • I'm thankful for Lindsay Lohan and Britney Spears...because its nice for us ordinary folk to hear that fame and fortune isn't always as good as it's made out to be.
  • I'm thankful for my dogs...seriously, no matter how bad things get, you can always hug a puppy and everything gets better.
  • I'm thankful for family and friends...because, well why wouldn't you want family and friends in your life, well most of them anyway.
  • I'm thankful for the missus...because she's part of everything good in my life (yeah, yeah...a bit sappy, but sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and lay it all out there)
  • And finally, I'm thankful for 2009 being just around the corner...and at the risk of stating the obvious, being around for the next year is certainly much more appealing than the alternatives.
Back with our regularly scheduled programming tomorrow.

No comments: